Milan Orio al Serio Airport, also known as Il Caravaggio International Airport is one of the three airports of Milan and it’s situated close to Orio al Serio, 5 km away from Bergamo and 50 km away from Milan. The airport was originally dedicated to aviator Antonio Locatelli, but in 2011 it was named after the painter Michelangelo Merisi, known as Il Caravaggio. The Milan Orio al Serio Airport is situated at the middle of the commercial area between Milan, Bergamo and Brescia; it’s used for low-cost flights, such as RyanAir. The airport can be easily reached from all Lombardia and its geographical position is the starting point to visit lakes, mountains, historic cities and malls (Orio Center).
How to reach Milano Orio al Serio Airport:
By car: using the A4 motorway Milano-Venezia, take the Seriate exit.
By bus: the airport is well connected with
- Bergamo FS Station ATB phone:035 236026,
- Milano Stazione Centrale FS Autostradale phone: 035 322915,
- Milano Stazione Centrale FS Orioshuttle phone: 035 330706,
- Milano Stazione Centrale FS Terravision phone: 331 2999450,
- Milano Lambrate Stazione FS phone: 035 322915,
- Fiera Milano Rho – Porta Est parcheggio bus Autostradale phone: 035 322915,
- Fiera Milano Rho Pero Orioshuttle phone: 035 330706,
- Malpensa T2-T1 Orioshuttle phone: 035 330706,
- Brescia Autostazione CIBA (presso FS) Autostradale phone: 035 322915,
- Monza Orioshuttle phone: 035 330706,
- Torino Sadem phone: 800 801 600, Cologno Monzese Terravision phone: 331 2999450.
By train: from Bergamo railway station take the ATBservice, which, in only 10 minutes, will bring you to Orio al Serio airport. Visit www.trenitalia.com for timetables (call centre: 892021).
By taxi: the taxi docks are at the arrivals: Radiotaxi +39 035 4519090.
Car hire and car hire with driver (at the arrivals): Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Maggiore, Locauto Rent, Six Rent Car, Tour car Service