The Lido di Milano is located in piazzale Lotto and it was designed in the early Twenties as a leisure facility. The plan was entrusted to engineer Cesare Marescotti who inaugurated the facility in 1931, which had two large pools with a fake jetty with some rocks, a small bridge, Venetian-style lampposts and a restaurant with a dance floor. The Lido was navigable with small rental boats. However, the facility proved unsuccessful so it was abandoned. The Lido di Milano was bought in 1936 by the municipality that removed the leisure facilities and turned it into a multi-sports facility.
The pools were replaced with tennis courts, bocce courts and a skating rink. Meanwhile the Lido, besides providing sports facilities, became one of the most popular places of Milan during the Eighties. Nowadays the Lido di Milano includes: four synthetic tennis courts, two soccer fields, an indoor skating rink (currently not in use), a miniature golf course, an outdoor pool (with water slides, loungers and beach umbrellas) and a beach volley court. After the end of the academic year, the Lido di Milano hosts a campus for children.